A lot of Computer Science is focused on programming. This class is about everything else. If we use the analogy of driving a race car, this class is for those that want to get under the hood.
IT Infrastructure is loosely based on the CompTIA Fundamentals+ curriculum and students can receive a discounted rate if they wish to take the exam at the end of the course.
The units in order of study are:
- Core Hardware (we take apart computers and put them back together)
- Peripherals (don’t touch the printer)
- Servers and IoT (We build own our web servers on Windows and Linux)
- Operating Systems (we make our own CTF)
- Software Applications (how to manage them)
- Software Development (learn about GitHub)
- Databases (Mostly MySQL with a bit of MongoDB)
- Networks (Make your own cables and fix your own router!)
- Security Concerns (lots of them)